A Mom’s Guide To Baby’s Hygiene
Juggling being a fulltime mom and work can be very hard. There are a lot of things your baby will need from you like your milk, your 100% attention and of course your care. This is because your baby can’t do anything for himself yet and he would need you to do that for him, especially things that concern his hygiene. The truth is just because your baby is cute, he is clean. Dirt can easily get to your baby even while lying and sleeping as an infant. This gets worst when your baby learns to roll over, crawl and reach things to put inside his mouth. Constant attention is needed to see to it your baby is always clean and cuddly.
Your baby’s hygiene covers skin, nail, ears, oral, genital, belly button, eyes and nose. Your baby needs to have their bath in the morning and in the afternoon or early evening before he goes to sleep. You have to make sure that each time you bath your baby, all of areas are well taken care of. Here are some guidelines to take care of your baby’s hygiene.
1. It is best to change and wash their beddings, clothes and blankets. This will keep your baby skin from getting irritated. If your baby’s skin is dry, apply baby formulated lotions in the affected areas. Baby powder is no longer recommended for your baby use as it can hurt your baby’s lungs.
2. Use cotton swab with baby oil to gently clean your baby’s outer ears and entrance. You don’t need to go as far as the ear canal as the ear can clean itself. Call your doctor for any sign of ear infection.
3. Part of your baby’s hygiene routine is his nappy change. Be sure that you change is nappy when it is full and often to prevent nappy rash. Clean your baby’s bottom with cotton balls or wipes. Remember that cleaning baby boy is different from baby girl in nappy cleaning. Baby girl needs to be wiped from front to back.
4. Trim your baby’s nails regularly. Your baby will love to scratch especially if they are teething. You need to ensure your baby won’t scratch and wound himself. Toe nails do not need to be trimmed as often as fingernails as they grow a little slower. Use baby-sized clippers for your baby’s nails.
5. There is no need to clean your baby’s nose all the time. But there is a need of it especially when your baby has colds. To make him breath comfortably, you have to clean the mucus out from the nose. Use nose drops like saline to clean your baby’s nose gently.
6. Clean your baby’s tongue with clean cotton cloth damp with warm water. Lower your baby’s lips and tip it with your index finger to nudge your baby’s mouth open. Clean not only the tongue but the gums, teeth and cheeks too.
When administering for your baby’s hygiene be sure you have everything you need like baby soap, cream, oil, sponge, cotton swab and balls, balm, soft towel and the likes. Cleaning your baby is like his spa time. It will allow your baby to relax and feel taken care of. Enjoy this moment your baby and build long lasting connection with him.